Federal Tax Filing Deadline Extended
On Friday, March 20, 2020, Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin released a statement that the federal tax filing deadline has moved in response to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The new deadline of July 15, 2020 corresponds with the tax payment deadline previously rescheduled earlier this week.
The IRS has yet to release official guidance relating to the extension, but reports are that it should be published soon.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
Due to the extenuating circumstances surrounding COVID-19, our office has instituted limited hours (9:00-4:00) in which we are open to the public. Most of our employees are currently working remotely as the firm has the technology necessary for efficient remote working.
In many ways, the work we do for you will not be impacted. However, we are moving forward with the following policies in place:
- We are discouraging in-person meetings, as we can interact with clients via remote video conferencing, telephone and email.
- Any in-person meetings should occur by appointment only.
- Information can be sent via your RBG CCH Axcess portal, secure email or, as a suggested last resort, dropping the information off at our front desk. If you do not have a portal but would like one, please let a member of your service team know.
- We will be continuing to work through tax returns but anticipate many returns will be delivered after the traditional due date. If you have any concerns, please discuss with a member of your service team.
- We are still awaiting guidance from states as to whether they will conform to the new federal due dates.
WE‚ÄôRE HERE TO HELP
We understand that this situation can be extremely frustrating. We empathize with what you are feeling as we all navigate this pandemic situation together. Please know we are doing all that we can to complete work in an accurate and efficient manner.
If you have any questions regarding the latest update regarding the federal tax filing deadline, or simply want to chat about your current situation, please do not hesitate to contact our office.¬†